I call him a baboon (although I think he is technically a mandrill). Although I really like his serious little face, he still has quite a few issues. Nose should be a bit bigger! Should he have ears? Something not quite right about his arms ..... etc.
But some of his features have turned out as I imagined: his prominent brow, and his colourful rear end.
I have had him in mind for a while, but could not find the right wool. And then on holiday saw the ideal wool (Sirdar Escape DK) in a bargain bucket in the window of a tiny wool shop in the village. I had to buy it, as it was just perfect. But it took three visits to the shop before I managed to get my hands on it. Shop owners in North Devon seem to close for long lunches. So now I have ordered two more balls of this wool online, so I can have another go at refining him.
And although he is not quite right yet, I am not going to unravel him. So I hope to be able to show you how he has evolved from this to the final version in a few weeks.