Saturday 12 March 2016

Pirate Noodler


The school production of Peter Pan is next week. My daughter has the part of Noodler, one of Captain Hook's crew. So I just thought you might like to see her costume. She is wearing one of my blouses, and a handmade waistcoat. I sewed it from a suedette fabric (not real suede). It was not too difficult to fit the metal eyelets. They came with a tool, and you had to bash with a hammer. (Very satisfying.) And the tie is just a really long shoelace. You might also notice that Noodler is wearing a Canadian bandana, but I am hoping that by the time she is on the stage it will give the right effect.

I told her that she looks a bit more medieval serving wench than pirate, but she was very happy with the look. You can't see the bottom half unfortunately, but we found a long pair of boots in a charity shop, to add to the costume.  

She turned down my other suggestions. You know the sort of thing: beard, eyepatch, parrot etc. Probably just as well as she has to make a quick change and become a lost boy later in the show, which I forgot to photograph. But maybe I will be able to get some photos at the show.

Thank you for the all the kind messages last week.  I am very much recovered, and back to my needles.

13 comments:

  1. Your daughter makes a lovely pirate! I love your interpretation of a pirate costume, and I hope you'll be able to get photos of the lost boy costume too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The costume looks incredible! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a great pirate! Good job, Mom! I remember my days of costume creating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent costume. The eyelet bashing must have been fun - a work out for all your frustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks adorable. Love the waistcoat. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome costume!! Thanks so much for sharing at Submarine Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great pirate costume, much more pirate than serving wench!
    My daughter did something similar years ago but she insisted on a parrot so we found an old Macdonalds toy parrot and safety pinned it to the shoulder of her waistcoat and that worked pretty well.
    Funny how they have such clear ideas sometimes of what they do and don't want!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great costume...sure she cant be persuaded to have a parrot haha I do like a hammering things into shape, gets things out the system!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely pirate, the waistcoat is brilliant, the bandanna works really well too. Hope she has a great time.... break a leg and all that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great costume

    ReplyDelete