Monday 16 October 2017

Licence to Knit


I've been knitting one of my mini cooper cars for someone in the States this week. Often I embroider a name or real number on the plate, but this time the customer asked for 007. Great idea, for James Bond and Mini Coopers are both British icons, and this also the version with a union jack on the roof.

Then I thought I would see if I could find a link between James Bond and the mini. A mini moke does appear in some films, and I found this picture of Daniel Craig and a mini, but I think it has been photoshopped from the original poster.


But there is a link between James Bond and knitting. Here is a picture of a very young Roger Moore in the days when he was a knitting pattern model.


10 comments:

  1. Oh wow - Roger Moore the knitwear model - that's even better than Kate Moss in Rowan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Mini and I love the way you managed to find a link between knitting and 007. I knew Roger Moore had been a model early in his career, but I had no idea he showed up in knitting magazines. Maybe I should go and check my mother's old pattern magazines to see who else I can find...
    Thank you for joining The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I almost didn't bother reading it because I'm not into knitting little fussy things that I have to stuff & stitch.... But I'm in procrastination mode so... And I'm so glad I read it. The whole 6 degrees thing sort of fascinates me and being able to link Roger Moore, Mini Coopers & knitting together... How awesome is that??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mini is my favorite of all the creations you've posted about. It has so much personality! Love the 007 connections.
    My Saturday Snapshot post features a visit to Pioneer Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your creative knitting ideas. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it and with 007 even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I drive a Mini One with a checkerboard roof, i'd love to knit one - do you have a pattern for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabulous knitted car. They are just brilliant.
    Roger Moore was quite the cardigan model was't he... smooth, with his hands in his pockets as he gazes wistfully into the distance!

    ReplyDelete