Wednesday 6 November 2019

Is It Too Early?




I think the answer to that question is probably "yes". Too early to be thinking of shopping, and I am very happy to have a husband who takes the lead with cooking. But perhaps not too early if you are thinking of making some Christmas decorations.

I am trying to design a pattern for a new Christmas decoration - which may not be done in time for this year. I would definitely put it in the non-traditional category, with my Christmas Elephants, Shells and Sand Dollars.

So I thought I would just make a collage of some of my other Christmas patterns. I love using the Layout app to put pictures together. Patterns for all of these Christmas ornaments can be found in my shops, with links to the patterns in ravelry in the lefthand sidebar.


https://ginxcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/ginx-woolly-linx-party-march.html

Just a reminder that there are still is still plenty of time left to join in my Ginx Woolly Linx party for November. Click on the photo above or at the top of the page to find the party. I would love to see what you have been working on this month.


11 comments:

  1. Love those starfish what a great shape. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never too early, really! I started my Christmas shopping about a month ago. I already feel the stress melting away. Planning on putting up my Christmas Tree a little later today. Wish my knitting skills were better to add some of these beauties! Need to add that to my new years resolution list.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s never too early to make ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s never to early. I love your ornaments, especially the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course it is not too early! Those decorations are beautiful by the way. Is there somewhere where I can find the patters? And it is not to early to shop either in my opinion either, I already have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can click on the pictures in my lefthand sidebar to go to the patterns in ravelry, or there are links on the right side to my shops in Etsy, ravelry or LoveKnitting. Some of the patterns are free - Christmas heart and the little shoes.

      Delete
  6. Never to early to think about a new creative project!
    It's nice to make a few decorations for yourself, Christmas can be a mad dash to make gifts so if you plan early you can actually keep some homemade stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not too early now for anything Christmas in my opinion! I love those cute ornaments so sweet. Looking forward to seeing your pattern

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's never too early! I especially love the birds and the starfish. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but I shop and make stuff year round as I find it. It spreads out the cost, I get better deals, and if I'm making stuff my poor hands can only do so much between Thanksgiving and shipping dates for Christmas. I do a doll donation at Christmas and as soon as I drop off for one year I'm picking up my hooks and starting the items for the next year. It is the ONLY way there are enough items for the project to get done.

    ReplyDelete