Monday 6 January 2020

Christmas Cardigan


I have a bit of catching up to do, and can finally show the project that I have been working on for some time. I had some light grey wool left over from my son's cardigan, which I made last year, so decided to knit a very similar cardigan for my husband. So I bought some more darker grey Aran-weight Drops Alaska, and here he is modelling his present. He is standing outside our rather ramshackle, but very beautiful barn.

The pattern I used was call "The Boyfriend Cardigan" by Erica Knight, bought from John Lewis. It is actually a woman's cardigan pattern, but I reversed the bands. I kniited one size bigger than the cardigan made for my son. 

But I now have a bit of the dark grey left over. Should I use that for stripes on another cardigan. This could just go on and on ..... 




https://ginxcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/ginx-woolly-linx-party-march.html

Just a reminder that there is still a little bit of time left to join in my Ginx Woolly Linx party for January. Click on the photo above or at the top of the page to find the party. I would love to see what you have been working on this month.

2 comments:

  1. Yours husband looks very elegant with his new cardigan
    Really you must to feel a big proud when knitting for others, isn't?
    Wish a hapyy 2020¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  2. hej,
    fine cardigan that fits your husband well :0) like the wool! best wishes from denmark, ulrike :0)

    ReplyDelete