Monday 16 March 2020

Gardening Diary March


I almost forgot about my monthly gardening update, as I am in town, and have three more weeks until I will be in the country. (Although as I work in a school, perhaps it will be sooner.) My daughter's school is currently closed for a deep clean, and son's university has put all teaching online, so he is heading off to Cornwall tomorrow. It is very strange times, and I do wish we could all be together, and since in the country we barely know anyone, reducing social contact will be no problem. But here in my flat, other flat-owners have been emailing to check if anyone needs help. My hope is that difficult times will bring out the best in people. It is hard not to feel a bit worried at the empty shelves in the shops. Last night I could hear my son coughing in bed, and lay there thinking, oh no we only have about ten teabags, what will we do! But he is fine, and I have bought a box of tea. 

I have digressed a bit, so back to the gardening update, pictures sent by my husband. The one above is where the jerusalem artichokes have been planted. No sign of them yet, and the spreading weeds mean there is work to do. 

Rhubarb looking good. I think this is the first one we planted.

First early potatoes are planted. He said there was a surface frost this morning, but hopefully they  are safe underground.
 
Onion sets, which I planted, seem to be growing.

... and same with the garlic, which he planted.

Is this a lavendar? Husband thinks so, and the leaves look right, but it seems very early.

And finally to finish off, a lovely bank of primroses.



I really can't wait to get there, as I am sure there are other things we should be planting. Hoping for some nice sunny days soon, out planting and weeding.


https://ginxcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/ginx-woolly-linx-party-march.html

Just a reminder that there is still plenty of time left to join in my Ginx Woolly Linx party for March. Click on the photo above or at the top of the page to find the party. I would love to see what you have been working on this month.





No comments:

Post a Comment