Monday 19 October 2020

Conker and Shell

One subject that I have revisited from time to time is conkers. I just can't help picking one up at this time of year and slipping it into my pocket. Putting my hand in occasionally and feeling the lovely smooth surface. Then I get home and give it as a gift to someone. I think I also do the same thing with pebbles if I am walking along a beach. Do you have anything that you like to pick up when out for a walk?

There seem to have been more around this year than others, and we have a little pile on the mantlepiece. I have just made this conker and shell for a customer on Etsy. Photos not great, but it is already on its way to Scotland. You can find the pattern on ravelry here if you want to make your own. Or I make then to order from my Etsy shop. I made this one in a very long evening, although the version with the whole shell would take longer. Making all the spikes is a bit of a fiddle, but I am always please with how it turns out.



 https://ginxcraft.blogspot.com/2020/07/ginx-woolly-linx-party-august.html

Just a reminder that there is still plenty of time left to join in my Ginx Woolly Linx party for October. Click on the photo above or at the top of the page to find the party. I would love to see what you have been working on this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment