Sunday 10 January 2021

Crochet Hairband

I am still doing crochet, instead of knitting, for a while. For this hairband I just joined a ring of granny squares, made from a sock wool. I thought the sock wool made it a bit more interesting than just a plain colour. 

My idea was to make a strip of squares, and put elastic at the back. But my daughter said she would prefer a complete ring, and so far it is standing up to the stretch.

I truly think I have mastered the basic granny square, as I am also making some for a blanket/throw. It really is time to move on with the crochet, but not quite sure where to go next.

 

Just a reminder that you can still join in my Ginx Woolly Linx party for January. I would love to see what you have been working on.

 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Nice headband! I really like the variegated blue yarn. When I make my cotton thread headbands, I sew a hair tie to the ends so help with the stretching, but other yarns like wool and acrylic seem to wear and bounce back to shape pretty well without the need.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete