Monday 22 February 2021

Crochet and Knit Cushion


I mentioned that I was having a go at crochet for a change, and was aiming to make next a blanket or throw. Two problems came up: first that I only had so much wool, and second I am not very quick. 

I see other crafters, who seem to be able to knock off a blanket in a few weeks, and am amazed by how they manage this. When I showed my husband the pile of granny squares I had made, his first suggestion was that we just have a large set of coasters! Can you imagine me rolling my eyes? My daughter wanted me to create a jacket, but there really weren't enough for that. A cushion seemed a good answer, and then I had to send off for a cushion pad. 

For the back I only had a small selection of colours left, so decided to knit a square on the diagonal. Really pleased with how this turned out. Julie from Sum of Their Stories told me that her nan used to combine knit and crochet in one project, using which ever worked best. Have you ever made something using knit and crochet? I would love to hear about it. Or perhaps you have combined two other crafts in an unusual way.

I also wanted to mention the wool I used. This wool came from my sister-in-law, and was a kit for a fair isle jumper that she did not want to make.  I have got so much pleasure from this wool, as it is all the same ply, and has been used in so many projects, so "thank you". Here are just a few.



 

Just a reminder that there is still time join in my Ginx Woolly Linx party for February. I would love to see what you have been working on.

 

2 comments:

  1. Granny square projects are my favorite! So classic, and so versatile. And I really love how you combined crochet and knitting in this project! Really great idea, and they go so well together in this cushion.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see you crocheting, the funny thing is that for most of us who crochet is it much quicker than knitting.....you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete