Friday 19 August 2022

Fun Drawing Figures

 
Last week I signed up another short course. This time "Fun Drawing Figures". I was a little nervous about this one, as it is quite a while since I have done any drawing and painting. My daughter has a lovely free style when she draws, and she gave me the tip to just put a random scribble on your paper before you start, as it is the blank sheet that can be so inhibiting.

The course was a great mixture of actual teaching of methods to get the structure and proportions right, but followed by us being given the freedom to follow our own ideas. Also the chance to explore using lots of materials - watercolour pencils and paint, pastels, charcoal. Despite the heat, which meant both days we packed up early, it was lovely to be totally absorbed something new and creative.



No comments:

Post a Comment