Friday 10 February 2023

Bam-boozle

Bam-boozle is the new range of wool at Blacker Yarns. (The name kind of makes me laugh, as I just keep imagining Joey from Friends saying let's play Bam-boozle - such a cool name! Please use your wicked wango card if making a purchase. My daughter has just told me that this will make no sense, even to people like us who have Friends Trivial Pursuit, so click on Friends if you want an explanation.) 

Initially this is available in three colours, but the range may be extended if it is received well. Bamboo is a great substitute fibre to use in sock knitting, as it is antibacterial, hypoallergenic, thermo-regulating and absorbs moisture. Ideal for socks, lacey knits or light weight sweaters.

 

For the photographs I started off with the idea of finding some growing bamboo as a background, but this proved very difficult. We visited my daughter in Brighton, and I thought I had a perfect backdrop, as there was some lovely bamboo in the local park. My family all seemed to disappear, as I climbed a little fence to get near the bamboo, but somehow it was impossible to place the wool anywhere except near the base of the plant, where it was too dark, and not very bamboo looking. 

So plan B was once back home to use some of my bamboo beanpoles. Much easier to control the lighting, and I was really pleased with the final shots.

Taking these shots for the website and social media is my favourite part of my new job. It is really fun thinking of a way to highlight the lovely wools in an appropriate way, and I still get a bit of a thrill when I see my photos used. 

There are already two lovely kits available on the website, one for socks Fish Trail Socks and the other for a lacy scarf, Olsok Scarf, using this wool.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment