Friday 15 March 2024

BFF Cowl

I have been busy knitting the first part of the BFF Cowl. This is a two part pattern, and I have started with the first half of the pattern, designed by Tiny Owl Knits. I have to admit that I have been a little bit obsessed by Stephanie Dosen's designs for quite a few years: a wonderful mixture of wizardary and nature. 



I also really enjoyed knitting this cocoon stitch, which after the first few repeats was fairly easy. The only tricky part was the P5tog, but this end result was so satisfying to do that it was worth perservering with this.

This cowl was knitted some Merino DK from Blacker Yarns, where I work. This wool is super soft and lovely to work with. It came on a cone, although it can also be bought by skein, and in 4ply, Aran or lace weights. I have enough left to have a go at the second part of the pattern the Seedpod Cowl designed by Ysolda Teague, which also looks like it will be fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment