Wednesday 28 August 2024

More Trousers

I wrote last month about some trousers that I had made for myself, from New Look pattern 6271 - my Hippy Chick trousers. My daughter was very keen to wear them, but I managed to hang on to them. But I have made her two pairs of trousers from the same pattern. 

 

I felt I had to sew carefully, as she is a fashion student. We are calling them her intern trousers, as she is in the process of looking for an internship for some of next year. So I am imagining them swishing around some trendy studio in London, with the stitching being admired.

For the first pair she bought some lightweight denim, and the changes I made for the pattern were the run and fell seams down the outside of the legs, and the top-stitched patch pockets. About 20 years ago I did a City and Guild Fashion course, so had to get out my old file of notes and samples for these.


The second pair is a lovely silky striped pattern, and for these I added some in seam pockets on each side. I found a fantastic on line video from Soften Studio, on how to sew a french seam pocket. There is also a link to download a free pattern piece, and the explanation is so clear and the end result so neat and pleasing, I would highly recommend this.


So getting my value from this pattern, I am now thinking about fabric for the skirt option.

No comments:

Post a Comment