Saturday 2 June 2012

The Cherry Beret II

I have had another go at the Cherry Beret.  This time I've added a small rib brim, and made the hat a bit deeper, and in stocking stitch. It is bigger, as it has an extra panel, and also because I used double knit wool.

As you can see my friend's daughter looks absolutely fab in it. She wore it throughout our jubilee street party, which I took as a bit of a compliment. Teenagers don't do that if they don't like something. It is definitely trendier than the first version, which is what I was aiming for.

So why am I still not completely happy with the pattern? I think maybe because I'm not sure that it has anything that makes it more original that other beret patterns. Except the funny name perhaps.  So I think there may have to be yet another version.





1 comment: