I really should have finished my monarch butterfly for the jubilee celebrations last week, but I just couldn't get it done. I've had it in mind for ages, as my very first pattern was a monarch caterpillar.
The pattern is on ravelry, but I have put a bit of a warning. I love doing little fiddly things, but even I found all the wing parts, and embroidery on the wings, and the sewing together a bit much. Not selling this very well, am I. If I ever have a book, this is definitely one for the advanced section.
Back to school tomorrow, so there
will be a bit less time for knitting. I'm working on another cherry
beret: I hope the final version. It is a bit annoying, as the very
expensive rowan wool that I bought (I hardly ever buy wool, but usually
use something I have, but I thought this deserved it) doesn't seem to be
colourfast. It is not fun knitting, when your hands keep turning black.
Went back to the shop today to check, and they say it must be a fault
from the manufacturers, and that if I take in my half knitted hat, they
may give me a refund or replacement wool. What to do, it was nearly