Saturday 15 March 2014

Frog Baby Beanie Hat


I have a bit of a problem. Just which photo is the cutest? Well I can't decide.


This is my new frog baby beanie hat. The pattern contains instructions for three sizes: newborn, 3 to 6 months, and 6 to 12 months. I thought about calling it the Five Frog Hat (Do you know the song about Five Little Speckled Frogs?) But as the largest size has six frogs it didn't seem quite right.


It is knitted in the round, and with DoubleKnit wool. I have used Sirdar Snuggly DoubleKnit. I am getting increasingly fond of Sirdar wools. I love this colour as well, as I think it would be good for boys or girls. I have used my trusty doublepoints, although you could use the magic loop method if you prefer.
 

I have not been a big blocker of knitting up to now, but having seen on other blogs how much knitting can be improved by blocking (especially some of the lovely lacey shawls), I do suggest that you block your hat. Here are my hats drying in the sunshine. I have used a pyrex jug and kitchen roll, although I think lots of people find a balloon handy. My pattern explains how to block your hat.

Finished hats and cat enjoying the sunshine

The pattern for the Frog Baby Beanie Hat is available on Ravelry, or Etsy. Or if you would like a knitted hat, there are a few available in my Etsy shop. Once again thank you so much to my lovely little model.



35 comments:

  1. Too cute for words. A lovely hat. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat is super cute. But that model... my oh my, what a sweetheart! And those eyes! Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that little one is such an angel! A modelling natural :) Your hat is vey cute and in such a nice fresh green yarn, perfect for spring x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness what a darling little hat and such a cute model!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has to be one of the cutest little models ever! Fabulous hat too

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really gorgeous model - he looks so cute. Such a lovely hat. Hope you have a good week.

    Jill, Christmas Pie Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Baby and the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very cute hat, but your model steals the show - totally gorgeous and hug-able. I'm sure the pattern will prove very popular - few will be able to resist the cute factor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think these are beautiful photo's. The hat colour and pattern are lovely and the cute little model is delightful :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the frog hat - it's different, practical and very cute.

    The model is wonderful and I don't know which pose I like the best - they're all adorable photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable model and I love the hat too, the colour is just right for the frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As I was scrolling down the post I was thinking.."that photo is definitely the cutest". Then I came to the next and thought: "no that one is definitely the cutest". I just couldn't decide! Gorgeous hat, gorgeous model! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw what a wonderful hat. I don't think I could choose between those photo either, what an adorable model!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The hat is really sweet, but the baby steals the show! She is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant! I love the spring topper:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your frog hat, it is sooooo adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the hat and what a darling little model. So difficult to choose a favourite photo but I think number one clinches it with the cheeky tongue poking out xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! (the hat is adorable too ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  20. How gorgeous, and especially the model:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my word that baby!! Just delectable! And the hat is cute too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a super cute hat and what a super cute baby wearing it! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, I am hosting a Cunning Ladies’ Friday party and I would love to see this post in the party. Please join us. http://easytocookmeals.com/cunning-ladies-friday-party/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable... both the hat and the model. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gosh, your model is incredibly cute! And the hat looks great - simple but cute. Just the ticket :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness, so adorable! Thank you for sharing on Inspire Me Wednesday. Featuring you in next week's issue.

    ReplyDelete
  27. O what an adorable litlle model!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute hat and such an adorable model. X

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful baby and I love the hat! Thanks for coming over and sharing at The Weekend Retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG! This hat is adorable and so is the model.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so nice and well made. How I wish I know how to knit.

    ReplyDelete