Friday 28 August 2015

Sea Urchin


I only occasionally knit to order, but someone contacted me through Etsy to ask if my sea urchin pattern would knit up smaller. They wanted a sea urchin that would be 3 inches across to go on a mobile. I was not sure, the only way to find out seemed to be to try to make one. So this is my sea urchin knitted on smaller needles, with a rather strange, but I thought sea urchiny wool that I found in my stash. 

The size turned out exactly right, and I also found one tiny typo in my pattern. How does that happen? I test knit again and again, but I think sometimes the eye just sees what it wants. But anyway, I was also pleased that I could put that right as well. And the sea urchin is already with its new owner in the States.
 

14 comments:

  1. Lovely urchin! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely as always! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, it is the Perfect yarn for that Creature!
    Love it! - BTW, how's the crocheting coming along?
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just so clever, when I saw the tiny thumbnail picture at first I thought it was a real urchin shell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so beautiful and love the yarn just right for a sea urchin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww its cute! The yarn you've used is perfect. Typos are infuriating, they're so good at hiding themselves! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's totally fab (is it a he? ) your so clever being able to create patterns. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so gorgeous!! And the starfish in your shop would go so well with them! How clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe how much it looks like a sea urchin! The wool you chose is just perfect, love the texture and flecks of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful, so cute:) great wool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! I've been experimenting with sea urchins lately. So far I have a cookie stamp that turned out, and one mold for buttons (out of the many I have tried). Great job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cool!! It looks real, which I suppose, is the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that's so clever, and it looks incredibly realistic. It's going to be so sweet on a mobile isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! A very beautiful sea urchin!
    This is my first Yarn Along. I'm having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete