Thursday 20 April 2017

Puppy Dream Cushions


  
I can't believe that it was back in 2014 that I wrote a post about some cushions I made with fabric from sample books that a shop near me was discarding. I showed pictures of some of the other fabrics, with my plans for more projects. But just typical, I didn't get round to any of my great plans.


But recently I noticed my knitted cushion covers have got very tatty, so I have finally used my free fabric to sew some new cushion covers. 

This material is so velvety, and what I like is I would have never thought to combine the colours and patterns in this way, if I had not got these sample pieces. I did have to buy some zips (thank you Fabricland), and some backing material.

So although I know this is not the way to keep your new cushions in good order, they are clearly soft enough to let a puppy have sweet dreams.



11 comments:

  1. Your cushions are lovely, Rosie looks very cosy and content lying there. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fabric, and the ones you've used are gorgeous. They blend beautifully. Sweet dreams to your puppy!
    My Saturday Snapshot post features Cougar Mountain

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely, thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric! And obviously well made with that seal of approval 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cushions and what a good idea for getting free fabric! Love the dog too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you made these from samples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so pretty! Love the picture of the cushion on the garden bench. Such a cozy and relaxing place. And your dog is adorable; looks so comfy and happy napping on the cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning and I do the same buy with a project in mind, then a few years come across the fabric. Puppy is growing and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice samples ... and oh my love your fur-baby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sewing for a change is good. The dog seems to like the cusion. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cushions and what a great way to source lovely fabric. I love the fact you also take a little time to get round to acting on your crafting plans sometimes.

    ReplyDelete