Sunday 3 October 2021

Bats (and a Craft Fair)


Quite a few years ago I decided that craft fairs weren't really for me, and it was best to concentrate on online selling. Yet somehow here I was yesterday, in the village hall behind a table of my handmade items. Just seemed like a good way to get out there and meet some people, and although this fair wasn't not busy, I did quite well as people seemed to be there to shop. 
 
Preparing for this fair I have done quite a bit of Bat knitting, as I thought with Halloween approaching these might be popular. I only sold one bat, to another young stallholder, so the rest of these are heading off to my Etsy shop. If you want to make your own bats there is still time, and the pattern can be found for sale by clicking here Bat Pattern
 
 
 





I sold a few other items that I haven't ever listed in my Etsy shop (kangaroos, alpacas, and even an armadillo), so have decided to list a few of these in the Unique Knitted Items section of my Etsy shop. After all Christmas is approaching, although I try to put off purchasing until December, and then usually get in a bit of a last minute panic. Perhaps this year I will try to think a bit further ahead.
 
 
Still plenty of time to to join in Ginx Woolly Linx Party for October.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you did pretty good! I don't have much luck at fairs, but they are fun.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful all around! thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday and inspiring us all!

    ReplyDelete