Monday 12 November 2018

Conkers


I've been slightly distracted from my clothing projects by an order for some conkers. If you don't know about conkers here is a link to a previous post, where I explain what they are. 

I don't think it has been a good year for conkers, and I have not seen many this year on my frequent walks with the dog. Probably something to do with the hot summer, or perhaps the disease that seems to affect a lot of the trees near me. Although it seems that it is the leaves that get damaged, and the trees survive on. But my husband tells me it has been a good year for acorns!

P.S. I just got a message from the lady I was making these for, saying there was huge huge horse chestnut tree outside of her home where she and her twin sister grew up. So one is for her and one for her twin. Isn't that cute.


https://ginxcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/ginx-woolly-linx-party-march.html

Just a reminder that there is still plenty of time to join in my Ginx Woolly Linx party for November. Click on the photo above or at the top of the page to find the party. I would love to see what you have been working on this month

2 comments:

  1. That's just amazing!
    Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty link Party. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard them called conners! We call them Buckeyes.

    ReplyDelete