Friday 19 July 2019

Black-Eyed Susan Fairy


Here is the second of my fairies, and she is called Black-eyed Susan. I've found out that there are two types of Black-eyed Susan, and the one she represents is the black-eyed susan vine (Thunbergia alata). I really like this plant, because it looks a bit like a flower drawn by a child. I was hoping that my fairy's black eyes would be a clue. Not many of these plant in my neighbourhood, so I had to take this photograph at my local garden centre. Yes, that is what the strange lady with a camera was doing between the flowerbeds. 



https://ginxcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/ginx-woolly-linx-party-march.html

Just a reminder that there is still time join in my Ginx Woolly Linx party for July. Click on the photo above or at the top of the page to find the party. I would love to see what you have been working on this month.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of a Black-Eyed Susan before, but I just did a Google search, and it appears that is the proper name? My mom has always referred to them as Black-Eyed Suzies. The ones I am familiar with look a little different then those in your photo, but those are still soooo pretty! I love how big and full they are.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower and the little doll

    ReplyDelete