Friday 17 August 2018

Yarn Bombing in Blairgowrie


This is just a quick post, as I have been away, and shock horror, despite taking it with me, I have not been knitting. Actually that is not strictly true, as I did a tiny bit of knitting on the train to Scotland, but after that it just stayed in my bag. 

But here is a little bit of yarnbombing that I saw in Blairgowrie, and thought would be nice to photograph. I could not see any information as to who had done it, but it was in a little garden near the war memorial, so I suspect that was what it was to commemorate.  But now I am back home, and hopefully back to the needles.





https://ginxcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/ginx-woolly-linx-party-march.html

Just a reminder that my Ginx Woolly Linx party for August is now running. Click on the photo above or at the top of the page to find the party. I would love to see what you have been working on this month.

5 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of yarn bombing until I read about it in a book, with characters who were doing it. Great shots! Thanks for sharing, and here are MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightful! I came across a yarn bombing once and it brought a smile to everyone in my group. Thanks for sharing this clever decoration.
    My Saturday Snapshot post features my spunky granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see yarn bombing around towns; it always brings a smile to my day. This tree looks fabulous in all its embellishments! Hope you find time to enjoy some knitting this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I wasn't sure about yarn bombing, I thought it was just a waste of yarn, but actually the more I see the more I love it. It's a lovely public art, especially if you happen across it unexpectedly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Qué interesante, y qué binibo resultado.

    Me gusta tu blog, ya soy seguidora.

    Nos vemos pronto!!

    ReplyDelete