Thursday 8 December 2016

Lavender Pyramids




I have finally got going on my big bowl of lavender, from my mum's communal garden. I decided to keep it fairly simple, and have been making these little pyramids out of some white linen. I found instructions on how to do this on Chick Chick sewing

I decided not to worry about string or ribbon to hang them, and to just do some very simple embroidery (actually it is the only sort that I can do). It took a little bit of trial and error to get the embroidery in the right place, as it is done before the pyramid is sewn. The design of the embroidery has sort of evolved along the way. My husband says they look like rather upmarket teabags. I still have half a bowl of lavender left, so am thinking of another design.
 

16 comments:

  1. They are so cute. The embroidery looks lovely. I can't resist a little bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are perfect. What a nice way to use the lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea they are so pretty anyone would love to receive one of those. Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog it's much appreciated. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are particularly cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! And I'll bet the scent is awesome. Thanks for sharing and enjoy.

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea. Maybe you could make some that could be slipped under a pillow to help get a good night's sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, lavender. I think I can smell it from here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just beautiful, the little bees are a lovely touch - upmarket teabags my a*se, they look like gorgeous lavender sachets and nothing else! (but I do have an urge to pop the kettle on now!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, love Lavender and your embroideries are delightful

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are gorgeous! such talent. thank you for connecting with me.
    i certainly will be back to see more.
    and i so love lavender!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are beautiful. Such delicate, sweet designs. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Featured! (http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.com.es/2016/12/the-really-crafty-link-party-47-featured-posts.html)
    Congratulations and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely! thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday, great to reconnect in 2017!

    ReplyDelete