Wednesday 6 March 2019

A Dog Called Wilson


I was watching "The Great British Sewing Bee" last night, and the little dachshund called Wilson in the middle section (where the contestants had to make a dog outfit out of recycled tent fabric) reminded me of a very similar dog with the same name, for whom I knitted a sweater. But I couldn't find it on my blog, and then realised that I made this sweater before I started my blog, back in 2011. Oh it was a simpler time ....


I do love the sewing bee programme, although I can't think of anything worse than sewing to a deadline. When I sew it just has to take as long as it takes, which is often weeks. I'm sewing something at the moment, and cutting out the pattern pieces and material must have took me at least 2 hours. I also think there must be short cuts, as it really would not have made very interesting TV, me sitting on the floor cutting out tissue paper. I would also like to look at the inside of the garments, to see how much is neatened. But enough of me rabbiting about sewing ...

So partly because I have nothing else to write about (I'm working on a knitting pattern which just isn't going to plan), I thought I would show you the photos, and you can click here if you want to see the wool and pattern details that I used. Wilson's Fair Isle Sweater.

He was very cute, and had to come to my house twice for fittings. I would quite like to make something similar for my own dog, but the idea has been frowned on by the rest of the family. But I might do it anyway ...


https://ginxcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/ginx-woolly-linx-party-march.html

Just a reminder that there is still time join in my Ginx Woolly Linx party for March. Click on the photo above or at the top of the page to find the party. I would love to see what you have been working on this month.


3 comments:

  1. Super cute dog coat! And super cute dog, too. I have two little ones myself that get cold. Love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little dog and sweater! The blue is a perfect color. I think you should make one for your dog if you like it - your opinion counts the most! My Shiloh (cat) doesn't like to wear anything. He acts depressed/embarrassed when I try to put a cute collar on him or something, hehe.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little dog and dog jumper.
    I totally agree about the sewing bee and trying to sew to time. I would hate that, sewing is a relaxing thing for me and I use it to unwind. That said I love watching sewing bee and the amazing things they come up with.

    ReplyDelete