Sunday 20 December 2020

A Waddle of Penguins

Did you know that the collective term for a group of penguins is a waddle? Isn't that great? You can also call them a colony, a rookery, or better still a huddle. If they are on the water they are called a raft. I love this sort of information.

So here is a waddle of penguin chicks, who are heading over to my Etsy shop. It is really a bit close to Christmas now, but I can still post them out. If you let me know I will add a hanging ribbon if you want to put them on your tree.

All has changed so quickly in the last week. My daughter is isolating, because she was in contact with someone at school who tested positive. Christmas seemed to be slipping away, but last week we were thinking so long as both still well, we could travel to my husband and son for a late Christmas. But now because we are in Tier 4 that is also not possible. But my daughter still seems well, so I am very thankful for that, and just for once I am going to have to do a bit more than just peeling the sprouts and potatoes. 

So with more time on my hands I am planning to crochet (yes crochet!) a hat.




 https://ginxcraft.blogspot.com/2020/10/ginx-woolly-linx-party-november.html

Just a reminder that tomorrow you can still join in my Ginx Woolly Linx party for December. I would love to see what you have been working on.

1 comment:

  1. This is new information, I love the name a waddle of penguins. My previous favourite was a parliament of owls but this is even better! I'm so sorry to hear your Christmas plans were stuffed up, it's been such a weird one hasn't it? Ours ended up surprisingly good, but I'm finding this week so strange as normally it's a flurry of visiting people all over the country - not this year! Thank you for joining Handmade Monday this year, I've loved seeing your projects and ideas linked up there. Happy New Year :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete