Tuesday 27 April 2021

New Applewood Buttons

I have been making buttons again. Well that isn't true strictly, as I am still not able to do the wood cutting or drilling. So to be honest my husband has been making buttons, but I have been sanding and oiling them.

All these buttons are for sale in my Etsy shop. Click here to go to the button section of my Etsy Shop. These first ones are 3cm by 2.5cm, as branches don't seem to grow exactly round. While some are live edge, with the bark still on ....


... I have also made some with the bark removed, and a smooth edge. 

All these buttons are slightly thinner than the first ones made. 4mm, but that makes all the difference to the postage costs.

And as well as the large buttons, I have some that are 2.5cm by 2cm. These also come with live edge (bark still on) and smooth edged. All the buttons are oiled with orange oil, which gives them a really pleasant smell.


Like my other range of buttons, these are rustic buttons. Don't expect uniformity, but I think the variations in colour and texture are what make them beautiful. I was really delighted that a recent customer bought a set of buttons for her partner and daughter's wedding waistcoats. Since ancient times apple trees have been associated with love, and symbolise good health and happiness.

Still a few days left to join in Ginx Woolly Linx party for April.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment