Sunday 1 August 2021

Tesla Model 3


 
I'm always pleased when someone returns to my shop, as it must mean they were happy with their previous experience.  And a customer recently came back from 2016 (have I really been doing this that long?), for whom I had made several cars. 
 
 
This time he asked if I could make a Tesla Model 3. I started off by thinking I could just adapt my mini cooper pattern, but after one failed attempt, decided to more or less start from scratch for the side panels. It is amazing what can be done with a bit of printing from the internet, and graph paper, and I am really pleased with how the side of the car looks, with its streamline curve on the roof.

 
After that the wheels had to be slightly reduced in size, so they could sit in flush with the side of the car. Then it was all down to getting the glass roof right, and the finishing details.

 
Strangely I keep spotting a white Tesla Model 3 in my neighbourhood just like the one I have made. I know it must have been there all along, and it just because I have been thinking Tesla for the last few days. 
 
I am not writing this up as a pattern, but will file my notes away just in case. I imagine this is probably the only handknitted Tesla in existance. Would you like me to have a go at making your model of car? I am always up for a challenge.




 
Still plenty of time left to join in Ginx Woolly Linx Party for August.
 

 

4 comments:

  1. WOW! This is awesome!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! This is a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, no Teslas around here, but just saw a ton in Northern CA, their homeplace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine it's very tricky to create a knitted car. This looks amazing!
    Arrived here from Craft Schooling Sunday.

    ReplyDelete