Saturday 23 August 2014

Devon County Show

I have so many photographs from my summer holiday in Devon that I have split them up a bit, and will be putting them on over the next few weeks. These first ones were taken at the North Devon county show. 
Here are just a small selection.

The tug of war was great fun.
Have I ever mentioned my secret ambition to retire to the country and keep alpacas.

These ones were queuing for the prize winners parade, and I think hubby was pretending to be a farmer.
I like this picture as much for the farmers as the prize winning sheep.

And this is how you feel if you have not won a rosette.
Have you ever felt like this? This hen just seemed to have too many chicks to cope with.
... and I may have an idea for a new knitted vehicle.








12 comments:

  1. I do love a country show. I grew up in country NSW, so these kind of fairs are very familiar to me.
    I also have a thing for alpaca's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you manage to maker-space your new knitting idea, be sure to plan to sell it here in Texas....It will be a big hit!

    Here's my Saturday Snapshot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a lot of good county fairs in our area but the State Fair is an annual pilgrimage as it is similar to the country shows in northern NSW. Looks like the fairs in the UK are very similar to the ones in NSW. What part of NSW did you grow up in Brona?

    Sean @ His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a fair...and the alpacas are adorable! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful shots from the fair. I can see why you'd like to raise alpacas. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing photos! I love how much personality you captured on the animals' faces.

    My mother-in-law loves lhama. I don't know if I've ever seen an alpaca.

    I don't knit, but I like the idea of photos inspiring the creative juices. Some of my summer photos I've tried to replicate as watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos really capture the fair and its activities. My favorite is the tug of war. Our Washington State Fair will be coming up in September and I hope to go.
    Sandy @ Texas Twang

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've captured the character of a lovely festival...have a great week-end♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/firefly/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that chick on the hen's back. Too funny. All the animals look so nicely groomed and clean. MY SSS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! I also have daydreams of alpaca-raising.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like alpacas from a distance- not too sure about up close... It looks a lovely fair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so much fun. Lovely photos, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete