Wednesday 27 August 2014

Poppy Shoes


Here is one of my holiday knits. When I am on holiday I usually like to knit a from my own patterns. I am away from my computer, so it is difficult to write anything new, and it gives me a good opportunity to see if I can make any improvements. 

Did I mention that my children said that I was not allowed to knit on the beach? I rather reluctantly agreed to this as part of the deal that on their part no electronic gadgets were allowed on the beach. Rather annoying as there is nothing nicer than sitting knitting on the beach, but I still had plenty of time to knit, especially on the car journey.


So here are some new baby shoes, from my Baby Bee Pattern, which is for sale on Craftsy and ravelry. There will be some more baby shoes with other flowers on the way. I try really hard to embroider them in a way that I have not done before, so anyone buying them has a truly unique gift. I thought a bold poppy would look great on this soft grey chenille wool (I know they look blue, but they really are grey) that I used for this pair, which will be heading off to my Etsy Shop as soon as I have made a little shoe bag to put them in.

13 comments:

  1. very sweet little shoes. Good idea to do a deal with the kids wonder who will cave in first tho! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Poppies! Thanks for sharing.

    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/08/new-blanket-pattern-prada-headband.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely! The poppies are so vibratnt against the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are tooo cute! lovely against the blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. visiting from show and tell. These are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely! I'm definitely going to attempt to make a pair for my niece :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these! All of your designs are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really cute slippers! I saw it at submarine sunday.

    ReplyDelete