Wednesday 5 November 2014

Loom Band Watchstrap


My watchstrap broke. It was a lovely brown leather strap, which came with my watch. But it had such an unusual fixing to the watch, that I thought it would be impossible to find a replacement. I really need a watch when I am at work in school. One of the most important things in a school is to be in the right place at the right time. 

So once again my daughter has come to the rescue with her loom bands. She has made me a really practical rainbow watchstrap, which has been admired and envied by many. (Ok, I admit, the many admirers have been mostly between about 5 and 10.) I wonder how many more posts I am going to do on loom bands, since the Loom band Keyrings.

Apologies to anyone who has been checking to see if they have won my Tyred of Knitting? challenge. I am just a few days away from finishing the pattern, so thought I would extend the challenge to guess what I am knitting to the weekend. So feel free to have another guess if you wish.

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful daughter you have :) I think your new watch strap looks great and I'm much older than 10.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous use of loom bands - it looks great and wonderfully colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea, loom band rule the world
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your watch looks great!
    However, I do want to warn you a little: the loom band craze has hit (and left) our house too, and now we find that after only a couple of months all our pretty bracelets and other things just fall apart because the bands start breaking. They just seem to dry out and tear apart.
    I hope your fare better though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. One of the bands has just snapped. But I have been wearing it for a few weeks, and I guess the good thing is my daughter will probably make me another one.

      Delete
  5. This is pretty cool! The granddaughter as these bands and likes to create critters and things I am not sure what are.....but as long as she is having fun I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the strap breaks on my newest watch, I might need to seek out loom bands. My students would approve. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely strap (even if it won't last long). I think loom bands are good because they encourage children to make something with their hands instead of playing digital games!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Thanks for linking up at Inspire Us Thursday.

    ReplyDelete