Tuesday 2 November 2021

Audrey Hepburn - A Tiny Icon

I have an item in my Etsy shop called Tiny Icons, where I make tiny versions of icons of screen, or music. I was delighted to have one of my Marilyn Monroe dolls bought recently, and the buyer also wanted an Audrey Hepburn, which I got busy making. 

As you will see, I particularly like it if the icon has an iconic dress or outfit. It makes it a bit easier for me to make the icon recognisable. 

Who are your favourite icons? I would love some ideas of other dolls to make.



 
Still plenty of time to join in the Ginx Woolly Linx Party for November.
 

4 comments:

  1. She's fabulous! You are so clever getting so much detail in to something so small!
    I think Frida Kahlo is iconic of course but I think you need to be careful with her likeness and copyright, apparently her family are very strict on that sort of thing.
    How about Ruth Bader Ginsburg, with her famous white lace collar? Or Amanda Gorman who did the wonderful poem at Biden's inauguration? Malala Yousafzai - I met her on a plane once you know, just after she got her nobel prize! Marilyn Monroe in her yellow dress? Dolly Parton might be fun to do, and you could make her some tiny books to hold as she runs that program to give books to kids doesn't she?
    Or how about Salvador Dali, the Queen, Einstein? You need people who are distinctive don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What great ideas. You have really got me thinking.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, she is wonderful and great to see you on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Audrey is so cute! I'm a Marilyn Monroe fan. I have several large photos of her in my craft room and a couple Marilyn Monroe tattoos. Michael Jackson is also one of my favorite icons.

    ReplyDelete