Saturday 8 January 2022

November Balaclava by Petite Knit

Another Christmas knit, which I couldn't post about until now, although this time the main reason was that I hadn't finished it. My daughter very much wanted a balaclava, which I read are in style at the moment. Lots of patterns for these, but she found this one by PetiteKnit, called November Balaclava.


For me the knitting was a bit tricky, because it involved using circular needles. I would always rather use doublepoints, but I decided to try and follow the instruction, and perhaps it was not as scary as I thought, and I may give the circular needles another go in the future. 
 
The main part of the hood is knitted with a fisherman's rib, a stitch which I haven't used before. I also bought the wool recommended, which was Peruvian Highland Wool by Filcolana. Perhaps I didn't really think through the colour, and I have rather made her look like the head of a match. But she is happy with it, and I am working on another one in a more neutral shade. I slightly altered the ribbing around the face, as she wanted it a bit lower on her hairline.


So hopefully we may have a bit of colder weather. So far this year it has been very mild in Britain.





1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I just love it! So happy to reconnect on craft schooling sunday, hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete