Monday 20 February 2023

Linoprinting Part Two

 

I wrote a few weeks ago about the linoprinting course that my son and and I were doing, but forgot to show you our final prints. I had decided to try to make Christmas cards, so sorry family, but hopefully by next year you may have forgotten. I was quite pleased with my single colour prints, but then the teacher showed me how to cut a piece out of the lino and use it as a stamp for the red breast.

My son was more ambitious and did his prints with two sheets of lino, and several layers of colour by masking out certain sections. His prints are of Hornet, who is a character from Hollow Knight.



On the last week I thought I would have a go at doing a two sheet print, which although I think the concept was not too bad, I was not careful enough linking up my two prints. As you can see below. But now the course is over I have ordered a roller and some paint, and am going to try again at home.


 

2 comments:

  1. Love those bird so much! and they work wonderfully with the knitting! thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely. I have a lino cutting set and went a bit mad a few years ago making loads but I've not picked it up again since. I felt I needed some smaller cutting tools as I struggled to get detail - a bad workman blames their tools right?! I love yours and honestly I think the slightly off lining up with multiple layer print is a) not as bad as you think and b) part of how you know it's handmade!

    ReplyDelete