Monday 1 April 2024

Knit4Monarchs

I just thought because of the date I would reshare this video, which surprised me 9 years ago. I can't imagine that monarch butterflies are still not in need of some help. Please watch the video right to the end, as you will then find out that the best thing you can do if you live in areas of the world where the monarch is endangered is not to knit a home for a caterpillar but to plant milkweed. #gotmilkweed The next best thing would be to make a donation to the David Suzuki Foundation

So although knitting a chrysallis will not directly help monarchs, it is a very cute and fun thing to do. It was a very gentle April Fool joke, along the lines of a similar one to knit a coat for a penguin. It is quite funny to think I was a bit of a joke in Canada. 






I was really happy that my pattern was used in this campaign to raise awareness of a serious problem. 

 

2 comments:

  1. That is something to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was taking a look at a few of your crochet art and they are awesome! I found you through Sum of their Stories. I'd like to invite you to share at the Home Matters Link Party every Thursday (9pm est) through Monday. We have 12 features each week. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete