Saturday 23 May 2020

2CV Memories


I have sold my Henrietta 2CV pattern quite a few times, but only occasionally seen the finished car by someone who isn't me. Sometimes on ravelry knitters do link up their projects, but on Etsy there isn't any way to do this. But recently more and more often the download function doesn't work on Etsy. Customers end up sending me a message, and then when I have their email I can send them the pattern this way. 

This happened with Rosie a few weeks ago, and during our chat I said I would love to see her car when it is made. I was delighted one morning to wake up to an email with these photos of her finished 2CV. 


Like her I have a very emotional attachment to 2CV cars. Driving one felt like a private club, as 2CV drivers would always wave madly to each other. You can read about my memories here. Rosie told me that she and her late husband owned an emerald green 2CV bought in Northern Ireland in 1976. One of the first ones in the country. Her husband was a massive fan of Citroen cars and their technology so they had a lot of Citroen cars through their married life. Her first daughter born in 1977 was brought home from hospital in a Moses basket on the back seat of this car. No car seats or seat belts in those days!. 

So if you have made something from any of my patterns I would love to see it, and also any feedback on the pattern itself is always welcome.

It may seem that I haven't posted much knitting recently. I have been knitting, but most of this has been on a jumper for my daughter. I think I have mentioned before I am not particularly quick at knitting. I still have the front piece to make, but I am getting there. I also have a new pattern in the pipeline, and have made a special order for a customer's wedding anniversary. So although it is unlikely that this ladies husband is looking a knitting blogs, will not post pictures until after the celebration.


https://ginxcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/ginx-woolly-linx-party-march.html

Just a reminder that there is still time left to join in my Ginx Woolly Linx party for May. Click on the photo above or at the top of the page to find the party. I would love to see what you have been working on this month.








No comments:

Post a Comment