Friday 1 March 2024

Tartan Dressing Gown

Busy sewing a dressing gown again. It does seem that this is the only thing that I sew, but it does mean I have had very good value from this pattern.

 

But this time the pressure was on, as my daughter asked me to make a dressing gown for her friend, as a birthday gift. Both girls are studying fashion at Brighton, so I felt that I should do my best job. 

Actually having said that, with sewing I always try to do my best with each part, however long that takes, as in the end you have a better finished garment. It is one of the two things that worry me with "The Sewing Bee". Firstly have they neatened their seams? And secondly the thought of sewing with a time pressure would be horrendous. It will take as long as it takes. But anyway for this version I did most of the seams as French seams, handmade the binding, as well as a handsewing the hem. Oh dear, I do sound grumpy.


Here is me doing a part way try on, and below is the birthday girl in the finished garment. She looks happy!


Forgot to say that I bought the brushed cotton online from Dalston Mill, as I couldn't find the right thing locally, and was very pleased with it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you have been so busy. Loving the cowl neck. X

    ReplyDelete