Tuesday 25 October 2022

Baby Sail Boat Hat

 
I have been busy working on the three sizes for my new sail boat baby hat. I made this pattern up for a hat for my great nephew, which you can read about on a previous post. The pattern comes with instructions for three sizes: Newborn, 3-6 Months, and 6-12 Months.



 
You can see all three hats together below, after they were knitted. I then spent a little while considering whether to add pompoms or not. I really love my instant pompom maker. On the second size hat I knitted a cover for a button, which I also really like, and for the largest hat a plait with a tassel (but not so long that the baby could reach or get tangled with it). 
 

I had my usual problem with the lack of a baby model. Secret - some of the photos above involve a grapefruit and a kitchen bowl. So here again is my lovely great nephew modelling the original version of the hat. And now to work out sizes for the babysuit, so you may not hear from me for a little while!

The pattern will be published shortly in all the usual places, ravelry LoveKnitting and Etsy, and my sample hats will be for sale in my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet pattern and your great nephew looks adorable in the OG hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and love the mustard version, great color combo! thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your great nephew is adorable in his little sailboat hat! What a wonderful design. Thank you for linking up at our weekly Link Party! You are being featured at our Wednesday Party #476 this week. Here’s the direct link to the post in case you’d like to share your feature:
    https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/baby-sail-boat-hat-grace-tinley-beanie-super-easy-and-fast-blanket-link-party-476/

    ReplyDelete