Thursday 20 October 2022

Working in a Woollen Mill

I have been a little absent from this blog for a few weeks, as I have been busy at a new part-time job working for Blacker Yarns, the retail section of The Natural Fibre Company in Launceston.


The Natural Fibre Company is a really unique woollen mill: real experts in producing wool from natural fibres, and the only woollen mill in the country that spins wool from wool and worsted fibres under one roof. So while the busy mill, with its whirrring machines is producing wool on the floor below, I am on the upper floor packing wool up for the online part of the company Blacker Yarns.

After four weeks I have learned so much, and it is really nice having work colleagues who talk about wool and knitting. I have also been allowed to use my passion for photography, and the photos for the new Shetland Coffee range were taken by me. Check out there lovely ranges of wool, all made from natural fibres on their website, and their selection of patterns, which really show off the qualities of the wools.

I really can't believe that I have been lucky enough to find a job that lets me use my real interests, knitting and photography, so you will probably be hearing a bit more about Blacker Yarns here.

No comments:

Post a Comment