Saturday 29 October 2022

Fashion Project Bag


My daughter had her eyes on a bag that I use for my knitting, to take as a project bag for college. But I didn't want to let it go, so said I would make her one of her own. Looking back at my blog it is hard to believe that I made the original bag over 10 years ago. I guess it is doing fairly well, as I use it a lot.

I was hoping to find some heavy weight denim for the new bag, but my local sewing shop didn't have this, but did have two lovely pieces of linen in the remnants bin, which were the perfect size. Like the last time I made this bag the sewing was not too difficult, and the biggest job was ironing interfacing on to every piece. I have now realised what the term "bagging out" means.

Knowing it is off to fashion college, I took a lot of care with my sewing. This time I have got the pockets the right way round, so this time it is a reversible bag. Photo below just to prove this. Last time my cat decided to have a nap in the bag, so I wonder if she will do the same with this one before I mail it off.


 

Lots of other lovely patterns in this book, so I may have a go at another style of bag.

2 comments:

  1. It's a lovely bag, I'm proud of you for not just letting her take yours too. We tend to let our kids just have our things sometimes don't we? I'm sure this one will get at least 10 years of good usage too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous love that fabric! thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete