Monday 2 October 2023

Little Pumpkins

I have been busy working on a pattern for some little pumpkins for Halloween. The pattern contains instructions for two sizes of pumpkins, which are really quite simple and quick to make.



 
The pictures above are knitted in DK, but searching through my stash of oddments I found a lot of pumpkiny (is that a word) wool in other thickness. It is very simple to adapt the pattern to whatever wool you have simply by changing the needle size. For DK I used 4mm, for 4ply 3.5mm and for the scrummy thicker wool 5mm.
 
So here are some photos of some individual pumpkins that could be used as decorations. 
 
 
The pattern is available here on ravelry, and Etsy and will be on Loveknitting in due course.
 
One other idea that I think would work well would be to make a bunting mixing the pumpkins with my knitted bats. Still working on this, but here is a link to the Bat Pattern on ravelry. 
 
Just to show that you could make your pumpkins in any colour here is a photo of my own homegrown pumpkin and squash.
 

 



2 comments: